Friday, August 20, 2010

Six Months




A battle-weary mum of twins told me recently that you just have to give up your life for the first six months of their life if you're going to survive it. Or similar words. My girls are six months old today - and I can safely say it's been the hardest six months of my 35 years. I was sure this wouldn't be as hard as everyone said, and maybe it hasn't been. And all in all, I think I've handled it pretty well. But it has been bloody hard! And we've had some mighty big extra stuff to deal with along the way - moving house, as well as one baby having, shall we say, "issues" in the area of sleep.


I reckon 50% of the challenge is just the second baby thing - that is, managing the needs of a newborn with those of a toddler. The other 50% is the fact that this newborn turned out to be two.



But we've reached the six month milestone now and I'm ready for things to turn a corner - sleep-wise, energy-wise, productivity-wise, creativity-wise. And thus the return to this blog.

It's been hard, but incredible too! They are amazing little people and I'm so proud to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...