Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scone




I would consider myself one who bakes, and yet I've never made scones. Cakes by the zillion, biscuits, slices, quiches and tarts, but no scones. Until today.

Easy as could be, even with the three-and-a-half-year-old's less than feather-light touch, we managed a delicious and homely batch of tiny buttermilk sultana scones (recipe courtesy of Belinda Jeffery). They were tiny because the only decent cutter we could find was in the playdough tool basket. Never mind. Bite-size is fine. 

And while I love a good Devonshire tea, we kept it decent and omitted the whipped cream. We went with a big slab of butter and some strawberry jam instead. Much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...