Friday, March 18, 2011

Shoes


We're off to a baby shower tomorrow, me and my three girls. My lovely friend Kate is expecting her first bub, and it's a very special occasion. 


There was some yarn left over from the vest, so I thought I'd have a go at these bootees.


Entirely frivolous, I know. Experience tells me that bootees are kind of useless for a baby. Doesn't matter how clever or unique the construction, they always fall off. They're for decorative purposes only.


But for new babies, especially first babies, decorative is just fine. Soft organic cotton in a sweet pale blue, and beautiful wooden buttons from here.


Frivolous indeed. And just a little bit cute.

2 comments:

  1. STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! You are the envy of me and many others I would suspect. These, unsurprisingly, are gorgeous! HOW HOW HOW do you find time to wallow in wool, marvel at motherhood, cook continuously (and creatively) and then blog blog blog! I am almost finished ELoise's dance costume - my second sewing project in 2yrs - and I'm beat! Lycra and fringing are not my idea of 'material'. Keep blogging, keep creating... you give me something to look forward to on a daily basis! Love you lots, Wx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...