Sunday, July 3, 2011

Four


I remember clearly the moment I fell in love with you. The real you, I mean. I'd been in love with the mythical creature in my belly for nine and a half months before you arrived.

I'd had you for most of a day, most of which I spent looking at you with a puzzled expression. You didn't look like who I was expecting and I wasn't sure who you were.  I think I might have been a bit wiped out from our big night and your unexpectedly madcap delivery after such a steady labour.

So it's true - I felt a bit nonplussed.


But then it happened. The visitors left, your daddy went home to get some rest, the maternity ward quietened. And I looked at you and felt it all come rushing in. You were so beautiful. And you were mine. Such grand love.

You're the one who made me a mum. How lucky am I! Happy four, funny face.


1 comment:

  1. Precious Lolie, I too remember that day.... the day the news arrived...a pink bundle of love...the Showgirl! How you have blessed the lives of many, and how loved you are. Happy birthday poppet!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...