Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beach Holiday Part Two - The Sandwich


It's not a real beach holiday without at least one prawn sanger during the week. One a day is even better.


Step 1 - get yourself lots and lots of fresh local prawns.



Step 2 - dedicate a very large part of your morning to peeling them. Don't worry, it's worth it.


Step 3 - make a 'cocktail' sauce with a few dollops of good quality mayo, a squirt or two of tomato sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice and some cracked pepper.



Step 4 - combine the sauce with the prawns.



Step 5 - butter some white sliced bread. It must be white. Spoon on a generous helping of prawns. You can add lettuce if you're feeling virtuous.



Step 6 - serve with a glass of something cool and refreshing. Go on, you're on holidays.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd pop in because it's been a while since I've visited.... BAD IDEA! I am on a carb detox and that sandwich is making me hyperventilate! x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...