Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lunch Date










Yesterday I drove up the Hume Highway, blissfully alone, to meet a friend and her sweet baby for lunch. It was a last-minute opportunity to catch up before Christmas, and at last a chance to check out the much-hyped Grounds of Alexandria.

We were tucked into a corner of the heaving restaurant where we ordered cooling ginger beers and delectable salads. The littlest of our party generously shared her fries with me. Later, we took coffee and cakes out into the rambling garden so she could play.

How lovely it was to pass a few hours in good company, eating the freshest food and drinking perfect, proper coffee. Ah, Sydney, some things you do very well indeed. 

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to go there! Thanks for the virtual trip...looks just as good as I thought it would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those 'jar mugs' with their cold lemon contents! It looks like a perfect place to stop for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lordy, I NEED a lunch date like that..pronto!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greer! I found your blog via Imogens blog. (http://imogeneve.blogspot.com.au) You knit the most gorgeous hats! I can't wait until a friend has a baby so I can justify buying one! Love your blog too, such beautiful photos.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite envious! Though Sydney is just a little too far away for me for a coffee shop date :( That ginger beer looks especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. talk of this place even filters through to my little bubble of a world in far flung western australia! it's no surprise, it looks and sounds like a magic spot.

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place sounds amazing! I love the decor, and especially love those glass jar mugs. You day sounds like heaven. Sometimes we all really need a break from the everyday. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are beautiful.
    Sounds like the perfect little get-together.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...