Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chalk Chook













A few weeks ago, Mel from Chalk Chook emailed to ask if she could send me a little something in the post. Mel is a friend of a friend who recently started her own business making and selling beautiful handcrafted chalk. A box addressed to my girls arrived containing three special little gift-wrapped packages, each filled with an array of colourful, vibrant stars, fish, motor cars and love hearts. 

We don't have a lot of pavement here at our country home, and not a footpath to speak of in the village. In Sydney, our entire backyard was patio. Here, we have lovely, lovely (muddy, fast-growing) grass. But the girls got busy on the small stone pathway out the front and created a few masterpieces. The chalk is so much smoother and easier to use than the normal pavement chalk, and the colours are brilliant. They chalked up a storm, and when the rain arrived that night, it was all washed away leaving not a trace. If only  that were the case with the indoor art and craft sessions we have here...

With my little pair's birthday party approaching, I contacted Mel and put in an order for 25 individually wrapped twin-packs - butterflies for the butterfly party, you see. They arrived a few days later, each tied up with string, a little note tucked into each - "With love from Stella and Pearl." Party favours sorted, and I barely had to lift a finger, let alone spend a few hours stuffing sugar and plastic into lolly bags the night before the big day. And I can't tell you how pleased both the kids and their mums were upon receiving a little sugar-free take-home gift at the end of the day. Such a good idea, and so easy!

Make sure you head over to Mel's shop and check out the lovely range of Chalk Chook products she has on offer. Just quietly, the dinosaurs are hilarious!

Tiny fine-print disclaimer: I received a big pack of chalk for free with no obligation. I was a full-price paying bona-fide customer - and a very happy one - of the party favours.

13 comments:

  1. Those colours are amazing!
    We do a lot of "chalk" around here...Toddler C can draw on anything that he wants to on the verandah and I never have to worry about it being ruined!

    I need party favours for his party so I am off to check out her site!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just had a look at the site and have book marked it. Such a great idea for party favours. Thank you for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! Such a great idea for party favours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea for party favours and what beautiful pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and I love the names of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your garden looks beautiful. great idea for party favours i will check out her site x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos as always Greer. Such a great idea for party favours - I dread all the usual sugary ones that I take off the kids....but often eat myself!! Xx briony

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh...this makes me miss being a kid.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got me thinking about summer. We have a patio area in our back garden and my two cover it (and the walls of the house) in chalk every summer. I love the packaging and shapes of the chalk. So much better than the plastic crap usually put into party bags over here - and I'm as guilty of that as the next person! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to play with these when I was a kid. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popped over from all that is beautiful to say Hi. What a gorgeous blog and your photo's are just beautiful - so vibrant and so whimsical. I will be visiting lots. Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you thank you thank you. The party favours for Luca's party are all sorted now for this weekend. All that making by hand etc from last year, though so lovely, left me exhausted. This year the theme is 'simple'. And these fit the bill perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't tell you how immensely proud I am of my friend's new venture. So thrilled to see them pop up here and you've made it all look so gorgeous - well, it is gorgeous, we both know that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...